Website Repair & Rescue
We often receive enquiries from companies or individuals whose experience with a previous Website developer has been somewhat less than satisfying. The industry is young and the technology new. Considering the complexity, diversity and infinitely variable possibilities of Websites these days, it is easy to see how expectations can get out of alignment and budgets might miss the mark. This can lead to results that did not turn out anywhere near as originally envisioned. At these times, it is Cyrius to the rescue.
Take this mess and fix it
After an assessment, we can identify the problems, where it went wrong and how to fix it. Often it is simply a case of the previous Web developer over-promising, under-quoting and under-delivering, so we need to re-focus on the original intention of the business owner, to get everything back on track.
There may be some need to re-gain control over your assets – such as your domain name and hosting account – and you may need to ask your previous developer to provide other logins and files. Once we have a handle on the situation and have sufficient control and the ability to sort things out, we can get to work. We can even help if you are locked in a seemingly no-win situation, which unfortunately is all too common in this business.
Some examples of rescue jobs we have been involved with:
- eCommerce systems that became too complicated for the previous developer, so they have given up or run out of time and money
- Projects where the recommended solution was not suitable
- Projects where the original developer has abandoned the job for any number of reasons
- Websites that turned out to be clunky & not as user-friendly as expected
- Websites where the business strategy was not taken into account
- Technical glitches with the chosen solution, such as incompatibility of plugins or convoluted code
- Design issues & browser compatibility issues
- Websites that have been hacked
- Projects where there has been a falling-out with a previous supplier
- Issues integrating with a third party system.
If your Website project has gone pear-shaped, contact us to discuss how we can rescue the situation and get you back on track ASAP.