Website Development – More Information
The importance of coding should not be underestimated. It needs to be done exceptionally well and it needs to be done with both the business objectives and the budget in mind.
Developing a Website can involve any of the following:
- Creating the HTML-coded Web page template from the graphic design template
- Making sure all the fonts and font styles display correctly
- Testing a Website in different browsers, as browsers can be unpredictable in how they display HTML code.
- Making enquiry forms and confirmation emails work
- Setting up image galleries and other features
- Customising functionality on a Website
- Ensuring a Website complies with any Web coding standards
- Making a Website easy to modify later by keeping the code ‘clean’
- Setting up databases and any functions to interact with the database
- Setting up the Web server that hosts the Website so that it operates correctly
- Setting up e-commerce and payment systems
- Many other technical operations, including testing and bug fixing.
Our role is to come up with the most effective and powerful solution and to build it in such a way that it is user-friendly, efficient and reliable.
Do you have an existing Website that has been developed badly? We have rescued many projects from the clutches of ‘dodgy’ Web developers.
Benefits of having Cyrius work with you on your Website Development project:
- We have worked with all kinds of Web development solutions, from Open Source to commercial packages and our own custom programmed applications
- You will ensure that you have the right solution, by working everything out properly before you begin your project
- We can work with third-party systems, if you already have something developed
- The solution we recommend will be the one that will work best for you, not necessarily the one we happen to use
- We know the pitfalls and issues that will be encountered during the development process, how to avoid them or deal with them
- You can be confident that any issues that arise will be dealt with professionally
- We know some excellent, simple and affordable solutions to common requirements
- The development is seen as part of a much bigger business picture. As such, the project drives the code, not the other way round. Your business comes first.