Website Design – More Information
A great Website design is one of the best ways to give the best first impression to potential customers and to ensure they stick around on your Website, without hitting the ‘back’ button too soon.
Cyrius has successfully designed Websites for a diverse range of businesses. Each project involves a creative process that draws together creative and business considerations that satisfy our client, impress their customers and boost their bottom line.
The process of designing a Website is vastly different from any other design process; it involves graphic design but also involves information design and functionality. The Website not only needs to look pretty, it needs to work within programming code, browser specifications, usability considerations and limitations. This is not to mention all the traditional graphic design considerations such as branding, positioning, marketing, communications and so on.
Web design is constantly evolving, too. Just look at these two screen shots of the Melbourne Age and Microsoft from 1995 and 2010.
How things have changed!
Websites are fluid entities, where elements on the screen can be changed and updated both manually and dynamically with programming. As each individual site changes on the Internet, so the overall evolution of Web design continues.
To have your Website designed well, the project needs to be managed by a firm that takes all these considerations into account. You can’t just get a graphic designer to create a nice-looking work of art. You also can’t just grab a template and throw it on the screen. Every business has unique needs and the design needs to communicate and function perfectly for those needs. Generic templates can be used as a starting point, but in the end a custom solution is always going to work better and be worth the time and effort.
A Web design process can involve:
- Comprehensive assessment of your needs
- Creation of a design brief – if you don’t already have one
- Discussion of your expectations, tastes, preferences, styles & reference sites
- Research of the marketplace to see how best to position your business
- Collecting all the required design elements from you, such as logo, stock images, product images, etc.
- Creation of a ‘wireframe’ model of the home page and inner page/s to determine where everything goes and how it will work
- Engagement of our professional design team to create draft designs
- A review process to refine the designs with you
- Approval of the designs by you, before moving to the development stage of the project
- After development and launch, further refinements, such as new banners and headers, assisting the ongoing evolution of your Website and your business as it grows and achieves each new goal you set.
Benefits of getting your Website designed professionally:
- Present your business effectively
- Accurate and strong communication of your brand
- A feeling of satisfaction and pride, knowing your Website turned out the way you expected – You now have something you can confidently tell the world about
- Increased conversion rates as visitors compare you with your competitors
- Increased retention rates as people spend more time on well-designed and easy-to-use Websites
- Greater chance of attracting media interest, as your attractive Website will look great as a screen shot in a magazine article or blog
- Minimized risk. Our professional design process has been developed to achieve optimal results.